As part of national and international reporting requirements, the territories reports to a national database on protected areas. This database called the Conservation Areas Reporting and Tracking System (CARTS) is managed by the Canadian Council on Ecological Areas (CCEA) and is the authoritative source of protected areas in Canada. Each jurisdiction provides their standardized data based on the guidance provided by the CCEA to help interpret and apply in a Canadian context the international standards for protected areas categories and management provided by the World Conservation Union (IUCN). This poster will showcase the CARTS information for the northern territories while also providing information on the ongoing and next steps in protected areas planning for the territories.
Noni Paulett GIS Support
- Collaborative Forest Resources Management Planning with First Nations and Yukon Government. The unique planning context provided through First Nations Final Agreements and Yukon’s Forest Resources Act.
- Urban Wellness within a Cultural Context
- Developing map- and web-based products to support sustainable land-use in large dynamic systems
- Coordinating Plans and Policies: The challenges and strategies
- The Role of Indigenous Youth in Planning and Governance
- Claudia Haas